The housing market is hot and inventory is low!
When selling your home, you will want to be sure that the interior is looking phenomenal. Though sometimes it can be hard to look at your own home with an objective eye as you have come to love the things you call your own. In this case you may want to bring in someone, whether it be a friend, or a professional to help you decide what needs to be done. You will want to consider doing the following things when staging your home for being viewed by potential buyers.
- Clean. This is a big one. There are small things that everyone lets slide, that a potential buyer will probably pick up on. You may want to consider even having a cleaning service come in for the initial deep cleaning. Carpets should be steam cleaned, everything dusted, including baseboards, moldings, and all light fixtures. Even the hardware on kitchen and bathroom cabinets should be gleaming. Windows should be shining inside and out. Just be sure everything is as clean as it can possibly be.
- Clutter. Get rid of any and all clutter. Go ahead and pack up things like extra books, movies, personal items, such as family photos, etc. These things can prevent a potential buyer from being able to envision themselves in the house, as those types of things give the home a stamp that is distinctively your own.
- Fix and paint. If there is anything broken, dripping, squeaking, etc. fix it or have it fixed professionally. If a buyer sees one thing that needs to be repaired they will start wondering what else may show up as a “surprise” expense to them once they purchase the house. If the paint is fading or chipping you may want to consider repainting the home in neutral colors in order to appeal to a buyer. Some buyers will put in a low offer to accommodate for the things that they will need to fix when moving in, whether this is changing out carpets, repairing hardwood floors, replacing damaged light fixtures or painting these things can affect the sell of your home and also the value. As your home is only worth what the buyers are willing to pay.
To get more ideas for how to stage your home, you may want to see if there is a model home within driving distance that you can view to see how the “professionals” do things.
When selling your home adding curb appeal can greatly improve your chances of potential home buyers actually stopping to make the appointment to view the inside. You want to “WOW” those potential buyers into making that call. Here are a few ways to achieve that affect:
- Gather any garden tools, children’s toys, etc. and store them up and out of sight.
- Clean the windows and clear the gutters.
- If there is any mildew or mold on the home, sidewalk, outbuildings etc. thoroughly clean and kill it.
- Pressure wash any dirty siding, porches, sidewalks, and decks.
- Edge sidewalks and driveways, and remove any weeds growing in cracks, or between bricks, etc.
- Weed and mow lawn.
- Trim or remove any bushes or plants that are getting overgrown (they should not cover or block windows or doors).
- Rake leaves, even if living on a wooded lot for a clean welcoming yard.
- Trim tree limbs that are near or touching home’s roof.
- Add some colorful potted plants to your entrance (just be sure to keep it minimal to avoid a cluttered feeling).
- If your front door is getting worn, repainting it can have a huge impact on your curb appeal. Red and Dark Green are the two most popular colors for front doors, but be sure to choose a color that enhances the rest of your home’s colors.
- If you have fencing be sure that it is in good condition, fix any leaning posts and possibly give it a fresh coat of paint or stain.
Outdoor lighting needs to be in working order, clean, and neat looking for possible evening visits of your home.
Also don’t forget to include your backyard in your quest for curb appeal, especially if it is viewable from the road or neighbors’ yards.
Choosing a REALTOR® when selling your home will help alleviate stress that is typically associated with selling a home or property. By choosing Galax Realty you will be able to focus on your move and life while we manage your home sale from the first meeting we have with you to the closing table, and beyond. We strive to do our best in order to obtain your repeat business and referrals of your friends and family.
When you choose to use a member of Galax Realty Group as your agent, you will receive only the best in client care. As your selling agent we will:
- Help you to find your next home or property. We will provide you with all the information you would need such as schools, neighborhoods, local economy, zoning, local economy & market area, etc.
- If you are looking to sell a home or property we will prepare a comparative market analysis that will compare your home or property to those around it in order to price your home competitively.
- Go over our extensive plan to market your home, and discuss your input. Our marketing includes local media and online exposure of your home or property.
- Your home will be broadcast to as many qualified buyers as achievable. By doing this we will be able to bring maximum exposure to your home or property.
- Staging your home or generating curb appeal is a task that we will gladly help our clients with.
- Aid you in obtaining offers and assist with the negotiating in order to obtain the best deal in the most agreeable manner possible.
Recent Home Sales:
If you are wondering what homes in your neighborhood are going for then feel free to contact us and we will go over a detailed analysis of the value of your home in order to provide you with the information you will need in order to choose the most competitive price for your home.
In order to get the highest price for your home you will want to consider the value of Curb Appeal. Curb appeal is vital and can determine whether someone stops to call and make an appointment to view the home or whether they continue driving past. Also, once the curb appeal has drawn a potential home buyer into your home, you will want them to stay as long as possible. And buyers tend to stay in a home longer that has been staged.
Buying a new home can be a very exciting experience we are glad you are thinking about making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR®. Choosing us as your REALTOR® is one of the first steps that you can take in order to ensure that your search for your ideal home goes as smoothly as possible. We can help to ensure that your new home and neighborhood meet your expectations and needs by finding the home that best suits you, your lifestyle, and family. We strive to do our best in order to obtain your repeat business and referrals of your friends and family.
When you choose to use a member of Galax Realty Group as your agent, you will receive only the best in client care. As your Buyer’s Agent, We Will:
- Show you all the properties in the area that meet your needs.
- Be with you every step of the way in the home buying process. From viewing homes that meet your criteria to negotiating the best price possible for the home that you choose, and finally to the closing table and beyond.
- Go up to bat for you during negotiations to ensure that you do not pay too much for your new home and to help you to avoid any mistakes that could be costly.
- Find answers to any and all of your questions including but not limited to schools, neighborhoods, local economy, zoning, etc.
Things To Do Before You Begin Your Home Search:
- Check your credit rating. Allow yourself time to straighten out any errors before they affect your credit.
- Go over your monthly budget to determine how much you can comfortably afford including down payment, monthly payment, home owner’s insurance, etc.
- Get pre-qualified (or better yet, pre-approved) with a loan program that meets your financial needs.
- Choose a REALTOR® that meets your needs and that you feel is trustworthy and you are comfortable asking questions of.